Monday 9 November 2009

My mates mum is on my tee!!

A true story - I'd bought a Supreme tee with the print below on it. Didn't know much about it, just thought it looked cool. It wasn't until I started wearing it at work, my friend and colleague thought the lady pictured in it looked familiar.

Later on that day her boyfriend came to visit and she asked him to look at the tee. He focused in and within seconds started turning a light shade of red - "That's my mum!"

I was amazed and shocked. How did my mates mum get on my tee? Will the image was taken from a huge portfolio of work by 60s pin-up icon Margaret Nolan who's best known for being the golden painted lady in the James Bond movie 'GoldFinger'

Today, she's known for something completely different, an artist, specializing in photomontages. Her preview show begins on Wednesday 11th November.

Be sure to stop by


1 comment: